Perform some advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Be sure you analyse the question well and then paraphrase it in the introduction. This sort of question asks in regards to the benefits and drawbacks and a significant word the following is outweigh“ that is“. The question asks if advantages are more powerful than the disadvantages and that means you need to here give your opinion.
Some students just write about the benefits only but that is a wrong approach and you could lose marks. The essay needs to have balance. The initial body paragraph might be concerning the upside as well as the second body paragraph can be about the downsides together with your opinion through the entire essay that is whole.
Plenty of students are not able to give their opinion in this kind of essay, or maybe they simply give their opinion briefly within the conclusion. Your role needs to be clear for the essay.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. Write your opinion when you look at the thesis statement. 2. Make sure you state your opinion in the introduction, main body and also the conclusion. 3. Give specific examples through the essay but be cautious of giving an excessive amount of information. Keep it simple and usually do not overly complicate it. 4. Make sure the essay is balanced, not only currently talking about advantages only.
Listed below are 2 possible structures for this particular task:
Note: Structures are just guidelines to help you plan out your essay, there isn’t any special magic structure that may enable you to get a Band 7, there are many approaches to structure an essay.
Some individuals think that consumption tax on food products is a way that is good raise revenue when it comes to government.
Discuss the benefits and drawbacks with this policy
This kind of essay will not ask for the opinion, it really is more like a discussion essay you can see that the question does not ask : Do you think…? or Do you agree or disagree… so you need to write about pros and cons,? / What is your opinion ? Which means this is not asking a direct opinion.
First analyse the question and then paraphrase it. The essay needs to be well balanced just like in example 1 with explanations exactly how its an advantage or disadvantage. Don’t just talk about advantages, give both sides in the essay. The conclusion is just a listing of the points that you produced in the human body paragraphs.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. 2. Give one illustration of the advantages in main body paragraph 1, after that provide an example of this disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Do not give your personal opinion as the question will not ask for this. 4. Give good examples throughout the essay but be mindful of giving a lot of information. Keep it simple, be mindful about giving a lot of examples too. 5. Make sure the essay is balanced, not only currently talking about advantages only.
The following is a structure that is good this sort of task:
These days with advances in technology increasing numbers of people are working at home.
Talk about the benefits and drawbacks for this and give your own opinion
This essay type is very much like example 1, here you need to give your opinion and discuss the advantages and disadvantages, the difference that is main to example 1 is the fact that it does not mention the word outweigh. The thing that is main watch out for could be the words Discuss and present your personal opinion. The same as in example 1 you need to paraphrase the question, give a approach that is balanced the main body paragraphs and present your opinion when you look at the introduction and again in the conclusion.
The examiner has to see your opinion throughout the essay that is whole.
1. Analyse the question well paraphrase it then. 2. Give one example of the benefits in main body paragraph 1, after that provide one of these of this disadvantages in main body paragraph 2. 3. Make sure you state your opinion within the introduction, main body and the conclusion. 4. Give specific examples in the essay but be mindful of giving way too much information. Keep it simple. 5. make certain the essay is balanced, not merely writing about advantages only.
What structure must I use?
Structures are just guidelines to help you plan out your essay , there’s no special magic structure that will allow you to get a high score. I would suggest 2 body paragraphs with this sorts of essay but you can use 3 body that is main if you want, a maximum of that.
- In main body paragraph 1 you are able to write about an advantage and explain it further, always make every effort to give a typical example of the bonus. If at all possible come up with the end result associated with the advantage. Main body 2 is similar, talk about one disadvantage with examples and details.
- You have to give your opinion when you look at the introduction if the relevant question asks for your opinion. You can also utilize the main body paragraphs to back up your opinion. You need to rephrase your view within the conclusion also.
Heavily weighed to remember. Do not give examples that are too many you may set off track, stick to one advantage and something disadvantage and talk about those. You haven’t got time and energy to go into an excessive amount pay for papers net of detail or into tangents, don’t try to impress the examiner with too information that is much.
Plan your essay well, set aside ten full minutes planning time, think of at the least one supporting point for the topic sentence in each main body paragraph.